Business Development Representative
JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative
REPORTING TO: VP National Sales
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is to act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. The primary role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This role commands strong communication skills, previous experience developing leads and a history of meeting quotas and/or KPI’s (key performance indicator).
- Creating QSO’s (qualified sales opportunities) that will be passed over to our Sales Team
- Follow our BDR Playbook and attain following KPI’s on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Playbook contains > 10 touches per MQL (marketing qualified lead).
- MQL’s will be provided to the BDR Team to work and nurture with the goal of turning them into a QSO’s.
- Typical KPI’s that a BDR is measured on
- 100 “touches” per day
- 70 Cold Calls
- 30 Emails
- Answering Inbound Lead requests through other Company generated marketing efforts
- 25 QSO’s per month (averages out to 1.13 QSO’s per day)
- QSO’s are meetings set between Prospect and Sales Team Member based on prospects interest in learning more
- The BDR’s OTE (on target earnings) is based on reaching the 25 QSO’s per month
- 100 “touches” per day
- Present a clear Value Proposition to prospect to engage, develop and nurture their interest in our software
- Become comfortable with asking Discovery Questions to uncover current problems that the prospect might not be aware of
- Learn the art/science of leading the prospect down a path where they are asking you to learn more about our software – because you’ve asked questions in such a way that they can see/feel the pain-points that you’ve helped uncover
- Hold prospects accountable to the meetings they’ve agreed to
- It’s BDR’s responsibility to not only setup a QSO, but make sure that it happens. It’s common for a prospect to get busy and have to reschedule – the rescheduling falls on the BDR to get it back on the calendar
- Compensation: Salary + Commission = On Target Earnings
At a minimum, the ability to work from 8a.m. – 5p.m. Monday through Friday.
Regular consistent attendance is required, that could include attendance at after hour Company events.
Ability to accept supervision.
Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
Must be personable, positive, and a professional representative of the Company.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
E-Closing CORE VALUES
- Be supportive of each other
- Always be moving forward
- Do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Work as one team towards a common goal
- Have fun and embrace your inner child
- Let your smile be heard
- Strive for understanding
- Be authentic – Be yourself – Be real
- Find opportunity in every challenge
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Create experiences worth talking about
- Have empathy and be caring
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Overnight business travel by air and/or automobile, is required 10% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
- Repetitive and continual typing motion is required.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting a majority of the time. Walking and standing are required, occasionally.